Oven Roasted Bacon Chicken
I am providing you today, the recipe that I promised you last week. It will cost you basically nothing to feed a family of 4 plus. I am sure that everyone will enjoy it.
One whole chicken
1½ tbsps. of olive or canola oil
2 tbsps. of Angie’s Seasonings to taste (recipe is provided in this post at the end)
Herbs of your choice such as cilantro, parsley, thyme or rosemary
½ package of bacon
1. Take all the chicken skin off and discard.
2. Remove the packet that comes inside the chicken and clean the cavity.
3. Stuff the cavity with 1 lemon and herbs of your choice for more flavors.
4. Rub it well with olive or canola oil and season it to taste with my seasoning.
5. Cover the chicken with bacon
6. Place the chicken in a baking mold and cook at 450 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. (Since oven temperatures are not the same depending on several factors, I recommend that you check on your chicken after 40 minutes. If it is not done, extend the cooking time to one hour. The chicken is done when the thermometer reads 160 degrees.)
These are Some of the Ingredients
Angie’s Dry Seasoning for Chicken, Meat, Pork and Seafood
Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes, my own dry seasoning. I have been cooking since I was a little girl. It is not a burden for me, but rather a time to relax, be creative and forget about the stress of the day. The one thing that I learned early on in my life was that food tastes better when seasoned well. That is the reason why I am bold when it comes to marinates, seasonings and salad dressing, among other things. I occasionally use salt and pepper but that is on filet mignon and grill steaks only. This is one of my favorite seasoning combinations. Enjoy it.
In a glass jar with a lid mix the following spices:
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. ground dry rosemary
1 tsp. dry thyme
1 tsp. dry oregano
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. chopped dry basil leaves
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. kosher salt
How to use it with Chicken, Meat, Pork and Seafood:
Clean by removing all visible fat and pat dry with a paper towel.
Move to a glass container, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and rub well.
Sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning on meat.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer and your meat will be ready to cook.
ABOUT THE Author
I am a blogger, a photographer, a jewelry designer, a gourmet cook, and a recipe book writer. I am also a flea market flipper, an avid gardener, an interior/ outdoors designer, an avid golfer and traveler.