MAILBOXES PART 3 OF 3
Well friends, this is the last post on mailboxes for this year, smile. Unless I find other mailboxes worth of sharing with you.
The fun of these photos reflects the personality of the owners. Nevertheless, I have seen only few boxes that are in scary need of repair.
However, the best part, as ironic as it sounds, is that perhaps only about 2% never get to repair them. Therefore, as long as the other 98% care enough to have them looking mighty good, I am fine with it, and my photos are clear evidence that they do care about the “look” of their mailboxes.
As we all know, the primary reason why we select Hosta's for our gardens is not based on their flowers but rather on the beauty of their foliage.
Now don’t get me wrong, they bloom a tall spike with few blossoms and incidentally, are pretty, delicate and unique.
However, they bloom for about a week and then before you know it, they are done blooming for the year.
Hosta's are basically selected for their variety of their beautiful leaves; the green, yellows or white or variegated tones.
Anyway, I always try to capture their short bloom time, cut few spikes and leaves and bring that beauty indoors. Therefore, my flower arrangement today looks pretty decent, don’t you think?
And it was FREE! BOOM.
Yes, we all have them. Some are pretty, others not so pretty, some look like fortresses and some are about to fall down. Notice the bases, as some folks plant low level flowers or built wooded frames around or beautify them with flower pots.
The interesting thing is that most of us try hard to make them look good to complement our properties. It only takes a little effort to make them stand straight or surprise them with a little paint or plant material that don’t cover them.
The outcome of that effort? All the neighbors (and the mailman/woman) will notice the big change!
Crape Myrtles are so beautiful, however, they do not bloom for a long period of time and before you know it, they lose all the beauty and turn green again.
A good example, I was impressed with and took a photo of this beautiful tree in my neighborhood when it was in bloom, and then again I walked by and photographed it about a month later, when all the blooms were gone.
Lucky for me, the other day I was working on my daily walks and saw another neighbor trimming the lower branches of a similar tree. I quickly approached her to ask if she could share some of the branches with me. She ever so nicely agreed. Then, I thanked her and indicated that I was planning to work on my second Crape Myrtles indoor arrangement with her tree branches. She was surprised and told me that she never thought of making a flower arrangement from tree branches, smile. Furthermore, she was happy to know that the branches she was removing were not going to the trash. Win, win situation.
I am a blogger, a photographer, a jewelry designer, a gourmet cook, and a recipe book writer. I am also a flea market flipper, an avid gardener, an interior/ outdoors designer, an avid golfer and traveler.